So there are are two foods in my house that are considered staples, bacon and chicken. If I let her, my daughter will easily eat 8 pieces of bacon for breakfast (she’s 3 and only 26 pounds). This recipe has both bacon and chicken in it. I just came up with this recipe by myself and I liked it so much that I wanted to post it for all of you. Enjoy everyone. This makes 3 to 4 servings and costs about $3.50 to make.
- One and a half pounds of Boneless Skinless Chicken.
- BBQ sauce (your favorite brand or homemade).
- 3 strips Bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs.
- Take your chicken and slice it in half length wise (so that it’s just as big, just half as thin). Cover the chicken with a layer of plastic wrap and pound it to make it as flat as you can.
- Chop bacon into tiny pieces.
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs, 3 Tablespoons of bbq sauce and bacon pieces.
- Put a thin layer of the bread crumb mixture onto each piece of chicken, then roll the chicken up tightly and wrap it in plastic wrap so it keeps it shape. Put the rolls in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take an oven safe pan and line it with aluminum foil. Put a little bit of bbq sauce on it and then put the chicken rolls on top. Place a little bbq sauce on top of the chicken.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!