So it’s been a few days since my last post but things have been super crazy around here. I was sick and then as soon as I got better, my daughter Kairi got ill. She’s been sick for two days now with a very high fever so most of our meals have been super simple or she’s been having Ramen soup because it’s the only thing she’s willing to eat.
A while ago I came across this recipe on a blog that I follow and fell in love with it. These cookies are very easy, only have 5 ingredients (no flour in these bad boys), and aren’t that bad for you (as far as cookies and desserts are concerned). If you don’t want to put chocolate chips in, you can use chocolate chunks, skittles, M&Ms, or nothing at all and just have plain peanut butter cookies. Hope you enjoy! This makes about 12 cookies.
- 9 ounces peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a spoon, then cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take cookie dough out of the fridge and make balls (about a tablespoon for each cookie). Put them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Start checking the cookies around the 13 minute mark because you don’t want to over cook them. (I like them right at the 15 minute mark with they’re super ooey and gooey, so delicious).
- Take them out of the oven and put on a cooling rack. The cookies will be super soft at first but as they cool they’ll start to harden.
- Enjoy your cookies, perhaps with a big glass of milk!